Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Why I Cry at Night?

Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 4:00 PM: Breaking news – Husband shoots wife killing himself at 3712??? Could that be? No way, she’s not married. Feed up was the very next words spoken. After eating at MCI-H’s favorite good old state food I returned to the dorm. Sitting back in my relax mood the evening mail call was announced E-1-A-22 you have a mail.

Well let me see who loves me today. A note, photo and my monthly allowance awited me:

Hey brother
Happy Valentine’s Day (smiley face)
Just giving you a love
Shoot out. Take care, all is well, see you soon.

Much love
Sis

My soul and spirit are now relaxed my baby is fine.

Thursday morning February 19th, 2009 6 am H-1 Rec Hall waiting to enter the kitchen. Morning news report recap husband shoots wife kills himself at 3712??? What street did he say I asked? I didn’t catch it the voice called back. My sister lives in that area and her address is the same I said. Stop tripping you just heard from her last night (I had to remind myself) relax and enjoy your breakfast.

My soul is dancing like crazy something isn’t right with my spirit. After returning to the dorm I immediately went to the phone and preceded to dial ***-***-**** no answer. Well she gets off at 7:30 I’ll call later.

At 12 noon I decided to call no answer, well my baby is resting. Let me call Jean I’ve told her on more than one occasion she needs someone to stay there with her. She’s getting old and having major health problems, which resulted in her being hospitalized for a couple of days. I’m going to let her have a piece of my mind this time. Hello? – Women I’ve told you – Wayne – Shelle was killed yesterday what? A moment of shock or disbelief I can’t tell. Jean call Dot for me I asked? Her medication prevented her from calling. I’ll talk to you later Jean I must speak with Dot. I called Dot to only hear – your baby is gone – no hello --- how are you doing --- just --- your baby is gone!

At that moment my thoughts and heart went out to the Jenkins family was this the pain, hurt and sorrow they felt when they got the call. Is this the reason why I cry at night?

In memory of N.A.S
October 26, 1968 – February 18, 2009

Wayne B.B
Copyright © 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment