Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pain

Is it physical?
Is it mental?
What is pain?
Why does it feel so bad?
Where does it come from?
How do you get rid of it?
Can you
Or does it stay forever
There be different types
Some make you bleed
Some make you cry
Some you can feel
Some you can not
Some lasts forever
Some only lasts a few second
What is pain?
Is it just a word?
Some believe
You must know it to live
Some prefer to live without it
I have suffered lots of pain
I think I know what it is
It’s the opposite of happy
The opposite of good
It comes from nowhere
I have fought pain
I have won
If it comes back
I will be ready for this pain

Qawiyy aka Robert W
Copyright © 2010

"Qawiyy" is an Islamic name which means strong and powerful...I didn't know the meaning of it and just looked it up and thought it was an interesting especially with the theme of this poem and the way this brother ended it.

No comments:

Post a Comment