Note: Shane is an author of a poetry book - this poem is one of the ones in the book. -Halima
Cycles of momentary pleasures
Lead me closer to my demise;
I pursue this empty lifestyle
Trying to quiet my inner cries-
But my cries are not satisfied!
Now crumbling under the pressures
Of a world that’s so unwise,
My struggle seems futile
In a world I now despise;
Yet I cannot choose suicide!
While grasping at any measures
That my mind seems to devise,
I attempt to reconcile
This world with all its lies;
God, I’m so petrified!
Shane P
Copyright © 2010
Cycles of momentary pleasures
Lead me closer to my demise;
I pursue this empty lifestyle
Trying to quiet my inner cries-
But my cries are not satisfied!
Now crumbling under the pressures
Of a world that’s so unwise,
My struggle seems futile
In a world I now despise;
Yet I cannot choose suicide!
While grasping at any measures
That my mind seems to devise,
I attempt to reconcile
This world with all its lies;
God, I’m so petrified!
Shane P
Copyright © 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment