My salutation read, “You can write my epitaph Happiness death by OD – 134-307.”
Bank robber, drug addict, not a recipe for heaven.
What can wash my sins, nothing but the blood of Jesus?
What can make me whole again….
Time equals significance, 36 years, 18 years,
Too many years masking too many tears, revealing too many fears.
Tears and fears entwined in my words:
“When I’m sad alone and all seems lost,
I think of my freedom and how much it will cost.
I think of my parents and how they must feel,
To see me in prison and know it is for real.
I know it is my fault and now I must pay,
But help me dear God I have something to say.
Iambic pentameter circa’72
I know she will be back and I hope that she is found
Love is better the second time around
I keep saying she will be back.
Today again I lied.
120-138, no deliverance, no light, seeds were planted,
It is getting late.
Lucky my man, why don’t you write.
I’m on Death Row, might not make it through the night.
Pity the man minus love in his life and no hope in sight.
Three all beef patties, pickles, onions, on a sesame bun,
Where did that come from?
Courtyard, life, I’m suffocating, run, run, run.
If both of us are talking, who’s listening?
To the sound of our whispered aches and pains
To the sound of “Our father who art in heaven hallowed by thy name.”
What can wash away my sings nothing but the blood….
What can make me whole again….
Home again, family, free at last,
I was the problem it wouldn’t last.
Fringe benefits, trappings galore,
After six months, the future seemed secure.
Unresolved issues surfaced on night.
Didn’t mean to say it…Thank God there was no fight.
I’ll always love my mom she’s my favorite girl…
Papa was a rolling stone, spent most of his time
Chasing women and drinking
Built up animosity/hatred wrapped up in euphemism – dad.
We were both sad.
He couldn’t say love, much less show it…
To my mother, me to no one but…..
It wasn’t her fault; she loved us and tried to insure that our needs were met
She wasn’t our mom, but she loved us like one.
I will always love my Mom…
Papa stopped rolling, but he was still stone cold.
Plans aborted by a dye packet that exploded
Makes me wanna holler and throw up both my hands.
Who is willing to try?
To save a world that is destined to die,
Children today, really suffer tomorrow.
Oh, what a shame such a bad way to live.
Too proud to cry so I might as well try
To put in words how I really feel.
I talk about lames ‘cause that was me,
Give me a pencil and paper to write all the things
Say all the things I should have said before, I love you!!!
Did so much faking could’ve won an award,
No more questions I can’t answer, no more apologies for the things I didn’t do.
No more outburst of tears that I can’t kiss away
Just playing the greatest role of my life 134-307
Give myself a standing ovation, a legend in my own mind
Slip, counter, double up the hookm
Throw ever punch that’s in the book but a loser in life and all that matters
New saw the forest, there were too many tears
If a tree fell in the forest and no one was there
Would it make a sound??
A legacy in words is a difficult task
Look in the mirror and remove the mask
See St. Gabriel’s, President of the class
10th grade expelled, it wouldn’t last
Don’t look away, the mirror don’t lie
Uncried tears and bloodshot eyes
Read between the lines, the words not spoken
You’ll uncover a legacy, a life that was broken
A masterpiece, designed by the Master
In spite of myself, I avoided a disaster.
The truth is not what you really see,
MO says Bank robber, addict but that is not me!
Pontificate, punctuate, procrastinate, prevaricate, please elucidate – HELP!
Without the cold, desolation of winter, there couldn’t be the warmth and splendor of spring.
Life minus Melanie will mean no ring, ring, ring….Hello!!
Best man, maid of honor, rice, bouquets, the whole nine yards
Michelle Imani, the child of promise.
Laughter and joy, my life complete.
I am falling….up, yo and away.
EXTRA – EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT!!
The legacy was right…The legacy was right.
My name is written in the Lamb’s book of life.
I broke the mold and found streets paved with gold.
Amen & Amen!!
Michael P
Copyright © 2010
Bank robber, drug addict, not a recipe for heaven.
What can wash my sins, nothing but the blood of Jesus?
What can make me whole again….
Time equals significance, 36 years, 18 years,
Too many years masking too many tears, revealing too many fears.
Tears and fears entwined in my words:
“When I’m sad alone and all seems lost,
I think of my freedom and how much it will cost.
I think of my parents and how they must feel,
To see me in prison and know it is for real.
I know it is my fault and now I must pay,
But help me dear God I have something to say.
Iambic pentameter circa’72
I know she will be back and I hope that she is found
Love is better the second time around
I keep saying she will be back.
Today again I lied.
120-138, no deliverance, no light, seeds were planted,
It is getting late.
Lucky my man, why don’t you write.
I’m on Death Row, might not make it through the night.
Pity the man minus love in his life and no hope in sight.
Three all beef patties, pickles, onions, on a sesame bun,
Where did that come from?
Courtyard, life, I’m suffocating, run, run, run.
If both of us are talking, who’s listening?
To the sound of our whispered aches and pains
To the sound of “Our father who art in heaven hallowed by thy name.”
What can wash away my sings nothing but the blood….
What can make me whole again….
Home again, family, free at last,
I was the problem it wouldn’t last.
Fringe benefits, trappings galore,
After six months, the future seemed secure.
Unresolved issues surfaced on night.
Didn’t mean to say it…Thank God there was no fight.
I’ll always love my mom she’s my favorite girl…
Papa was a rolling stone, spent most of his time
Chasing women and drinking
Built up animosity/hatred wrapped up in euphemism – dad.
We were both sad.
He couldn’t say love, much less show it…
To my mother, me to no one but…..
It wasn’t her fault; she loved us and tried to insure that our needs were met
She wasn’t our mom, but she loved us like one.
I will always love my Mom…
Papa stopped rolling, but he was still stone cold.
Plans aborted by a dye packet that exploded
Makes me wanna holler and throw up both my hands.
Who is willing to try?
To save a world that is destined to die,
Children today, really suffer tomorrow.
Oh, what a shame such a bad way to live.
Too proud to cry so I might as well try
To put in words how I really feel.
I talk about lames ‘cause that was me,
Give me a pencil and paper to write all the things
Say all the things I should have said before, I love you!!!
Did so much faking could’ve won an award,
No more questions I can’t answer, no more apologies for the things I didn’t do.
No more outburst of tears that I can’t kiss away
Just playing the greatest role of my life 134-307
Give myself a standing ovation, a legend in my own mind
Slip, counter, double up the hookm
Throw ever punch that’s in the book but a loser in life and all that matters
New saw the forest, there were too many tears
If a tree fell in the forest and no one was there
Would it make a sound??
A legacy in words is a difficult task
Look in the mirror and remove the mask
See St. Gabriel’s, President of the class
10th grade expelled, it wouldn’t last
Don’t look away, the mirror don’t lie
Uncried tears and bloodshot eyes
Read between the lines, the words not spoken
You’ll uncover a legacy, a life that was broken
A masterpiece, designed by the Master
In spite of myself, I avoided a disaster.
The truth is not what you really see,
MO says Bank robber, addict but that is not me!
Pontificate, punctuate, procrastinate, prevaricate, please elucidate – HELP!
Without the cold, desolation of winter, there couldn’t be the warmth and splendor of spring.
Life minus Melanie will mean no ring, ring, ring….Hello!!
Best man, maid of honor, rice, bouquets, the whole nine yards
Michelle Imani, the child of promise.
Laughter and joy, my life complete.
I am falling….up, yo and away.
EXTRA – EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT!!
The legacy was right…The legacy was right.
My name is written in the Lamb’s book of life.
I broke the mold and found streets paved with gold.
Amen & Amen!!
Michael P
Copyright © 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment