Friday, October 8, 2010

Depths of Perception

Walking through my Garden of Eden
In the early morning hours,
I smell the freshness of a new day
Brought forth by the sweet morning dew
Silky grass tickles my toes
As the scent of rosemary entices my nose
The rising sun captures my view
My skin is moistened by the sweet morning dew
Pondering the moment
As my senses absorb this scene
I am struck by a realization
This is perfection
Peace…awareness…appreciation…connection…perfection
But my perception of perfection is due
To the fact that this moment, in this garden, is the best I ever knew.
Ah…catching my eye with a shimmer,
What is this that I now see?
My God…a freshly blossomed flower;
It must have blossomed this very hour!
Its beauty enhanced by the sweet morning dew,
This scene, this image, this flower
Brings forth perfection anew

Shane P
Copyright © 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment