If this is life, I am not living it
Too much pain, sadness, alone, I just ain’t feeling it
Bad choices I made ‘em, the debt I’m paying it
Still I find peace in the concrete and steel
Can’t take my joy or my love because it’s real
Real in the friends I see each day
Real in my family, they’re here to stay
Real cause I know we’re finally arrived
The hand of the free and home of the brave?
Life behind bars cause I wouldn’t behave
A statue called liberty is a fraud to me
She’s lying through her teeth, a land of poverty
Poverty of faith, hope and love
Poverty in trust and all the above
Happiness found in a small child’s smile
Happiness in freedom through I took awhile
Happiness in a hug, an embrace from friend
Pastoring life, renewing liberty, happiness being a friend of a friend
Michael P
Copyright © 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment