As a child remember Christmas Day
Opening gifts and packages with a smile as you played
Oh, what about the ice cream man coming or the snowball man
Remember
How about that first bicycle you got even before you took it for a spin?
Remember, remember?
Oh, snaps, that puppy you got
Which you always wanted
That kitten you loved real feelings not fronted
That outfit you wore on the first day of school
Couldn't stop smiling as others stared and drooled
Remember
The cook outs you had when the family got together
The hanging in the streets in all kinds of weather
Apples on a stuck
Freezy cups
Lemonade stands
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Dancing to your favorite song on the radio
House parties
Task
This poetry I write seems hard to do
The encouragement I receive helps me see it through
I met a woman with passion
For what she loves to do
If poetry was feelings then
I would snap for you!
Abdul Haqq aka Vincent S
Copyright © 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment