Saturday, May 21, 2011

Conversation Necessary

Freeze young souljah, let me holla at you for a second, for a minute, for an hour,
However long it takes, I rarely put a time limit on sessions,
Why do you look so grim, so hopeless, filled with dormancy, desolation and insubordination
Exhibiting a pugnacious behavior, temperamental, argumentative when things
Don't go in your favor, searching for a savior, “I know” but you refuse to let it show on your face
Behind that bullshit ass pride you hide from the truth, I know its burning you inside
You claim “fuck the world”, and slam everyone for your circumstances and conditions
When in fact its your decisions, which put you in harsh positions, maximum prisons
Graveyards and life’s contentions,
I know about Pops was never there, spent most of his life on lock, and Moms was on rocks plus the bottle,
what a pair of role models!
I understand why the soul grew cold, from what you was exposed, and even though you was young: you was forced to be old,
I understand your hate, towards the privileged, the fortunate, conservative households because you never grew up with the silver spoon on your plate,
I understand the desires had to be met, and to keep up you had to hustle,
Living in poverty, scraping up means through drugs deals and armed robberies hoping one day you make enough to move out, schools out
Unlike the average kid you can't play nor jokes, so much on your back and shoulders, so much stress that you got to ease your pain by blowing earth smoke,
And I smoke...and I smoke...
Reflecting on the lows and highs, experiences, joys and struggles, like I am on a roller coaster
My life was juggled,
I see the blood in your eyes, no surprise to the visible tears from defeat and despair,
From the ideologies of panthers and Osama, to my good boy snatched from me by its babymama
Acknowledging another nigga as its father!
And I smoke... And I smoke...
And due to the lifestyle of territorial beliefs, crack sells, mack shells, I was pushed to the gogs, pushed to my breaking point, conditioned to an irresistible rage
Acting off impulse, now I am finally saved, finally caged, finally sane,
And now I ask myself, what if this never happened, and what if my book of life only had one page!

Trigonometry
Copyright © 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment