Where is he? Where did he go?
Dad is gone but to where I don’t know.
They say he is dead, but what is death!?!
Decayed in a world without one’s breath!?!
He must come back, his role is due!
Without my dad, I’m done, I’m through!
What does it mean to not exist?
“He will come back,” my thoughts insist.
He knows I need him, he shall return –
God forbid the opposite I learn!
God forbid my thoughts be false!
God forbid he has no pulse!
They make it clear…
He’s dead, he’s gone – never to return!
OH MY GOD, how the truth does burn!
I must reach him in this land of death;
I’m compelled to expel my final breath.
Upon the toilet I take my stance,
I grab the chord – this is my chance.
Like in the movies, I make a noose
To ensure it tightens, I tie it loose.
I take my step closer to Dad…
I want it back, what I briefly had…
I have no fear….
Shane P
Copyright © 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment