Son of a father who
Never hug me
Never said, son I love you
Yeah, you taught me how to pitch
And all the basic of baseball
But still I can recall
The day you were getting high
Right in front of my face
Must have thought I was
Asleep but I wasn’t
Witnessing every sniff of the
Powder every hale of the
Cigarette you took witnessing
Your every intoxicating moment
Killing yourself with the poison
Which turned you in to a zombie
And a stranger to your children
Now a man – father, I fully
Understand the ills of society
Burden on you that
Emasculated you mentally
Debilitated you emotional
I see that this begun before you
Not knowing how to express your love
Because it wasn’t express
To you
From drugs to hail
I did the same as you
As a child
Now grown I can see then
How I was affected
From the neglecting of your love
As a child
Where does this cycle ends
As a fatherless child?
Sean H.B
Copyright © 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment