Saturday, November 27, 2010

Humble

I listen twice as much as I speak
Taking in others knowledge….
I am not weak…but strong...

Strong enough to admit…
I sure as hell don’t know it all…
Yet strong enough to know…
I’m no fool waitin’ to fall…
But I still ask for help.

I am very meek in my demeanor;
I am not weak…but strong..

Strong enough to admit..
I’m gentle and don’t like to argue…
Yet strong enough to know…
I can stand up if I have to..
But I continue in my meekness…

I bow in awe before life’s grandness;
I am not weak…but strong..
Strong enough to admit…
I cannot outshine another…
Yet strong enough to know…
I can shine as bright as any other…
But I let others shine.

See…
It’s not about self-glorification…
It’s about lifting up a nation.
It’s not about superiority…
It’s about bowing…
Before humanity…

I am humble.

Shane P
Copyright © 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment