Saturday, November 20, 2010

Awakening in the mist of false friends

Opening my eyes, I see many faces -
All the support I should ever need.
Yet when the sky begiuns to darken
And droplets of rain begin to fall,
I see some of the far-off faces
Turn and begin to fade in the distance
The wind gusts with a shuddering chill,
We tighten together, searching for warmth,
I see less faces the tighter we get;
The outer circle falls away.
I see less faces, but love the few.
Clouds start launching hail at our heads...
Many more scatter to save themselves.
The circle of faces shrinks even more.
Standing firm in the storm of life's haze,
I see the few faces standing strong;
The faces with me during lonely nights,
Sharing in laughs and drugs (our ideas of love).
These were the faces I knew would be there,
No matter what the storm would bring.
But then it happened ... the lightening struck.
The ground shook with a ferocious shudder!
I searched around, but saw no faces -
Alone I stood....consumed by the storm

Shane P
Copyright © 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment