As I sit here and put pen to paper
Lets take a trip throughout time
While I put thoughts to past events in this struggle of mine
Thinking about how Howard Bay told me to think ten years behind
As my future and past slowly begin to intertwine
I wish I could rewind time to catch my son from falling
At nights its hard to sleep cause it feels as if he's calling
Dashawn Kaleel C I dedicate this poem to you
To Amia and Keira C my love forever remain true
Throughout time I realized the streets was never my home
My home lies with my family
Those I neglected and left alone
When the past becomes the future
You begin to understand the streets are the streets
And, family is family
But morals and principles make the man
It wasn't about morals and principles to me in the past
It was about money and clothes and cars and guns
Not knowing how long it would lost to live by the gun die by the gun
Was our only morals
And, yes I did say ours which makes this plural
I had two other brothers – one was killed, and the other was given life
If I could rewind time and do things right
We could all be riding in a lexus through the night
I would hug and kiss Dashawn to show him I love him
For my babies Amia and Keira their mother, my mother
We would take a cruise somewhere just enjoying life
Instead I'm sitting here bleeding through the pen
Waiting to reclaim life and start again
But in my heart I know it will be okay
Because the one and true God offered me life
And, a new day!
Dannise C
Copyright © 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment