Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I am not offered the luxury of time

I am not offered the luxury of time
Not offered the luxury to shine
Sub-prime; I’m blinded by the grind that swallows my attempt at ordinary
At normalcy
My attempts at trying to be average
Wish I had the opportunity
To be full of childish leisure
Opportunity to change gratifying pleasures
But rather my smile of amusement is seized with crippling
Seizure of remembrance
Stifling images of impasses
From clad demonstrative shouts
Of me and neglect
I am past the point of reflecting
I am at the point of reflexing
Suggesting that the “isms”
Of the world be the reason
That the world scowls at my image of unfocused potential
Unwrapped talent
Dormant possibilities
Unleashed
I am feeling like I'm running a 100 years dash
500 years behind the gun shot of go...
I sneer at the misnomer
I conveniently hear the sabotaging forces say,
They got you calling life is the game
Got you relating it to chess moves
But I am figuring life
to be more like war
feel like a soldier
a warrior
I can feel Senegalese
and Zulu warriors blood
flowing through my veins
I don't know about you
pimpin but I'm engaged
In intellectual warfare...
I know damn well that
Ain't shit about war fare
Got you intensely attentive
To sensuous bigoted
Acts of defenseless and
Submissive thoughts
They got you on the 5 year
Lay away plan
Laying away 5 years of income
While they are in think
Tanks 5 miles under the
Sum total of your thoughts... (pause)
I am not afforded the luxury of time
Not afforded the luxury to shine
I'm to busy engaged in
Intellectual warfare

Diata
Copyright © 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment