Sunday, August 29, 2010

WHAT MAKES THE SOUL CRY

I ask myself what makes the soul cry
Is it the pain I feel in my heart?
Is it the cries I hear at night?
Or is it the man who no longer cares
About life and his soul gave up the fight


Through my hardest trials, I never cried
Is my soul as hard as a stone; does blood flow
Through my veins
Or did I just accept that life of crime while my soul continues to go insane


What is one of the deepest thoughts a man can feel
Is it the thoughts of family and friends?
Or do you feel like your life has been a disaster
And you start to wonder when it will end


What makes my soul cry I ask myself all the times?
Is it I was selfish to love?
Never letting anyone in
Sometimes it feels like my old soul has died
And I am still waiting for my resurrection to begin


Someone once told me you make my heart smile
I didn’t understand because my heart was foul
I want the answer to why does the soul cry
Because I still don’t know why
Because my life was trifling
So anything positive I am willing to try


Man-Man
Copyright © 2010

1 comment:

  1. The author of this poem is very deep as all of them are. They all have a story to tell and I invite all of you to embark on this journey with them.......

    Sarah M.

    ReplyDelete