Friday, February 10, 2012

The Monster Institutions

My first battle occurred at just seven;
I was overpowered by the monster in utter defeat.
Taken in by its sharpened fangs,
It tenderized my being with its crushing bite.
I fought to escape, to leak from its teeth...
It swallowed me whole and digestion began.
Its constricting throat crushed my lungs...
I gasped for air...struggling...to stay alive.
Searching my lungs like a ferocious fire,
From its throat, I fell into acidic air.
I gasped for air as I bobbed in sourness,
But air became the least of my worries
Its stomach acid corroded my flesh,
Dissolving the shell protecting my being.
My will alone was not enough;
My outer shell was eaten away.
Fully exposed to this destructive force,
I entered the bowels of this monstrous beast.
Awake but unconscious, unable to fight,
This monster took hold of my inner being.
Its bowels began to reshape my essence,
Turning me into what I am not
Completing now its unknown work,
It shit me out to be consumed by the next.   

Shane P
Copyright © 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment