With warm smiles and welcoming arms,
I was lured into the welcoming crowd.
It is in their eyes, I see understanding;
Understanding og me, my past, my life.
In their expression, I recognize my pain;
Suffering I thought only I endured.
They seem like me to their inner core,
Not like the kids from earlier years.
My past experiences they seem to welcome
My traumas they hold dear to their heart.
My search for acceptance is over.
I begin to create my own identity,
In the welcoming crowd where I fit in.
We fight with those who make fun of us,
And do what we think our parents would do.
We live on assumptions and know we are right;
We have found the life that met our impulsive needs...
The friends and faces and wild places.
Fighting',fuckin',and getting' high...
The life we wanted 'til the day we die!
Oh so many come and go,
As often and free as the breeze,
They always stop to share a smile
With just the slightest ease.
Shane P
Copyright © 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment